If you don’t follow me on Instagram (…you really should, like, now) then you may not be aware that the lovely city of Calgary, Alberta was recently hit with a blanket of snow over the Thanksgiving long weekend. Yep, not a fine dusting, an actual blanket that stayed on the ground for 3 solid days and seriously made me long for watching holiday movies (there’s that h-word again in October!). I won’t lie to you, I may have written all of my Christmas cards while listening to Michael Bublé’s Christmas album on repeat while my boyfriend glared at me from the couch (Okay, I did…I admit it).
Rambling aside, the snowfall prompted me to take a good hard look at the state of my winter wardrobe, and it was a sore sight for any self-respecting Canadian. It forced me to make a list of priorities and on the top of that list was a new winter coat. Now, if there’s one thing you guys should know about me by now, it’s that I live for bargains. So, I did what any shopaholic would do – I scourred the internet until I found a handful of beautiful coats at a price I could also adore. So today, I’m sharing with you my favourite 10 winter coats that I found under $100!
1. Frost Free Hooded Jacket from Old Navy – $89.99 CAD
2. Wool Blend Coat from H&M – $99.00 CAD
3. Plush Coat from ZARA – $49.99
4. Karen Scott Quilted Zip Front Jacket from HBC – $64.00 CAD
5. Padded Mock Neck Peacoat from Forever21 – $54.90 CAD
6. Faux Fur Hooded Parka from Forever21 – $39.90 CAD
7. TOPSHOP Tall Zip Boyfriend Coat – $59.99 EURO ($87 CAD)
8. “Prince de Galle” Plaid Parka from SEARS – $71.96 CAD
9. American Eagle Cotton Parka – $98.94 CAD
10. Denim + Supply RALPH LAUREN Long Officers Coat from HBC – $76.00 CAD
There you have it – fashion and functionality on a budget! I will leave you with a quick story before I go. I bought a coat from Forever21 for $15 when I was 17. It lasted me for 5 years and got me through many a cold Canadian winter (with upwards of 5 feet of snow and -30°C temps more often than not). Long story short, just because something is inexpensive doesn’t mean it isn’t effective, so keep that in mind as you bargain hunt for the perfect winter jacket this season!