Hello October! I’m so excited you’re finally here!!
Fall is definitely my favourite season for a lot of reasons! Firstly, because it’s the best season to be a redhead. All of the colours look good and nothing clashes (I’m looking at you, summer neons). Secondly, it’s the perfect time to dress all cozy without having to wear huge winter boots and a parka to leave your house. And lastly, because the shopping in October is AWESOME. There are so many great deals that happening this month, and I’m so excited to be sharing them with you on Divinely Devin today!
- Jeans – So many companies stock up on jeans for the back-to-school rush and now have a ton left over that they need to move before the holiday merchandise starts getting displayed (I mentioned the H-word in October – ahhhh!!). October is the best time in the entire year to stock up on denim, so make sure you check out your favourite retailers this month to score 30-50% off!
- Summer Shoes – A lot of the summer clothing has already left by now, but sandals often move slower and require more discounting because everyone has shifted their focus to fall and winter boots. Subsequently, a lot of retailers run a huge shoe sale this month. If you’ve been wanting a pair of lace-up heels or wedge espadrilles, run to the store now and get them at a fabulous discount!
- Clothing and Decor in Summer Colours – Anything that’s a bright colour (think pink, yellow, green, blue) will be on sale right now as we move into the darker colour months. This could be anything from home decor, such as pillows and plates, to clothing such as t-shirts and tank tops. In my home I have a light blue colour-scheme for my decor from April – September and then switch to darker, cozier colours for fall and winter. Right now is the best time to shop for all kinds of deals on your summer colours, whatever they may be!
- Fall Designer Items – You’ve probably heard that the fashion world only adheres to two seasons: fall and spring. This is because designers typically release new collections during this time. Another funny thing about designers is that they tend to work a whole season in advance. For example, the fashion shows that happen in September are showcasing the upcoming Spring lines, and the shows in the Spring are showcasing the Fall lines. Long story short, right around this time designers start marking down some of their fall items to make room for their spring collections. If you were lusting after a particular designer item, keep an eye on it this month and you might get it for a steal!
- Accessories – Lots of accessories like sunglasses, scarves, and jewelry tend to go on sale in the beginning of the lead up to the holidays. This might also be a great time to pick up some stocking stuffers if you’re super organized (okay, okay, I promise I’ll stop!).
Go forth and shop, frugal fashionista! Make me proud!